Welcome to the Truth@Life Blog Site by Curtis Songer


If you receive value from these blogs, please consider donating to keep this blog site up and running. This ministry cannot continue without the generous donations of its readers. Just click on the "Donate" button to the right.

This blog site is loaded with tools to help you find what you're looking for. Here's how it works...

There are 5 threads of thought in this blog site:
1. Church Stuff - things pertaining to the evangelical Christian Church of today
2. Leadership Corner - concepts on management & leadership
3. Two Becoming One - principles of marriage enrichment
4. Train Up a Child - principles of parenting
5. Personal Thoughts - my mental ramblings on how God is growing me

I highly recommend you find an entry on one of these topics that interests you and click on that label at the end of that entry. It will bring up all the entries on that particular category. And be sure to check out the great web site links in the lower right corner of this page - Enjoy!

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Quiet Moments – Part 2

But Jesus Himself would often slip away to the wilderness to pray.
Luke 5:16


In the movie Castaway, Tom Hanks says "We live and we die by time. And we must not commit the sin of losing our track on time." He adds about late Fedex packages, "First thing it's two minutes, then four, then six, then the next thing you know, we're the U.S. mail."

I am having to redo how I do my life. Life is more complicated than ever: strategic planning and budgeting for work, planning for Christmas, husband, father of 6, caring for an aging parent, etc…

In Africa they have a saying, "In America, everyone has watches and no one has any time. In Africa, few have watches and everyone has time for you."

Like Luther, I am rethinking how I plan my day. I've got to get the spiritual disciplines and exercise in first. I have to continue to let go of the small things and focus on the most important.

Are you too busy? If God wanted to get a hold of you, how would he do it?

Please comment below or email me directly at csonger@new-communitychurch.org

No comments:

Post a Comment