Welcome to the Truth@Life Blog Site by Curtis Songer


If you receive value from these blogs, please consider donating to keep this blog site up and running. This ministry cannot continue without the generous donations of its readers. Just click on the "Donate" button to the right.

This blog site is loaded with tools to help you find what you're looking for. Here's how it works...

There are 5 threads of thought in this blog site:
1. Church Stuff - things pertaining to the evangelical Christian Church of today
2. Leadership Corner - concepts on management & leadership
3. Two Becoming One - principles of marriage enrichment
4. Train Up a Child - principles of parenting
5. Personal Thoughts - my mental ramblings on how God is growing me

I highly recommend you find an entry on one of these topics that interests you and click on that label at the end of that entry. It will bring up all the entries on that particular category. And be sure to check out the great web site links in the lower right corner of this page - Enjoy!

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Will We Ever Learn?

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6 Does God ever have to teach you the same lesson over and over and over again? Too many times, I have taken off down a path that seemed right in my own estimation without giving it up to God in prayer first. This week has been another one of those times. Often, I think I am being super-faithful, super-righteous, or super “trusting in Him”. But in reality, while the idea may require trust in God, the course of action I want to take is really the course of action I WANT TO TAKE. Sometimes, I’m even afraid to give it up to God in prayer because I know He may have a different idea in mind. Is this where He wants me? Is this the state He wants my heart to be in? Of course not! He is much more concerned about my willingness to submit to His leadership and will than any crazy idea or concern I have. Total trusting submission to Him and His will, without concern for myself and my future. That is where He wants me. As the virgin mother of Christ said in Luke 1:38 – “Behold, the bondslave of the Lord; be it done to me according to your word.” When we are ready to accept God’s will for us, whatever it may be, then He is ready to reveal it to us. I thank God that He puts people in my life to open my eyes, especially my dear wife Martha. Please post a comment below or send me an email at curtis.songer@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment