God’s anger was aroused because he (Balaam) went, and the Angel of the Lord took his stand in the way as an adversary against him.
Man-appointed leaders often claim to receive their calling from God, but their authority actually derives from human sources and not from the Lord. Eventually the truth becomes clear to everyone.
In the book of Numbers, chapters 22 – 24, we see an example of a man-appointed leader. At the suggestion of King Balak, Balaam son of Beor, tried to curse Israel for profit. But the Lord would not allow it.
King Balak was a strong leader with the wrong vision. Balaam was a much weaker leader, but he had the right vision. The two men blended like oil and water. Optimally, the right leader must be in place, with the right vision. People generally must buy into the leader before they buy into the vision.
The following principles will help you to discern man-appointed leadership from God-appointed leadership:
1. It issues from human ingenuity rather than God’s anointing.
2. It often reveals self-serving motives.
3. It devises plans that oppose what God is doing.
4. It blinds the leader to God’s intentions.
5. Its goals eventually fail because they oppose the work of God.
Is your leadership man-appointed or God-appointed? Do you see the fruit of God-appointed leadership in your life?
If you receive value from these blogs, please consider donating to keep this blog site up and running. This ministry cannot continue without the generous donations of its readers. Just click on the "Donate" button in the upper right. For more info on help I can provide check out http://truthatlife.com/ or email me directly at email@example.com
Welcome to the Truth@Life Blog Site by Curtis Songer
If you receive value from these blogs, please consider donating to keep this blog site up and running. This ministry cannot continue without the generous donations of its readers. Just click on the "Donate" button to the right.
This blog site is loaded with tools to help you find what you're looking for. Here's how it works...
There are 5 threads of thought in this blog site:
1. Church Stuff - things pertaining to the evangelical Christian Church of today
2. Leadership Corner - concepts on management & leadership
3. Two Becoming One - principles of marriage enrichment
4. Train Up a Child - principles of parenting
5. Personal Thoughts - my mental ramblings on how God is growing me
I highly recommend you find an entry on one of these topics that interests you and click on that label at the end of that entry. It will bring up all the entries on that particular category. And be sure to check out the great web site links in the lower right corner of this page - Enjoy!