Welcome to the Truth@Life Blog Site by Curtis Songer
If you receive value from these blogs, please consider donating to keep this blog site up and running. This ministry cannot continue without the generous donations of its readers. Just click on the "Donate" button to the right.
This blog site is loaded with tools to help you find what you're looking for. Here's how it works...
There are 5 threads of thought in this blog site:
1. Church Stuff - things pertaining to the evangelical Christian Church of today
2. Leadership Corner - concepts on management & leadership
3. Two Becoming One - principles of marriage enrichment
4. Train Up a Child - principles of parenting
5. Personal Thoughts - my mental ramblings on how God is growing me
I highly recommend you find an entry on one of these topics that interests you and click on that label at the end of that entry. It will bring up all the entries on that particular category. And be sure to check out the great web site links in the lower right corner of this page - Enjoy!
Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Part 5: Who Is He?
Have you ever fired a perfect shot and hit the bullseye, only to discover that you had aimed at the wrong target? In our lives, a perfect effort, applied to the wrong things, is a totally wasted life.
1. Jesus had a mission. His name means "God saves!"
“For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost."”
2. Jesus had a strategy for accomplishing His mission. It involved men who were with him for 3 years. His ministry was with them and to them. Jesus equipped his disciples to carry out the mission. They were being taught 24X7. Jesus equipped the disciples to do ministry. He taught them how to fish and then he took them fishing.
“And he appointed twelve (whom he also named apostles) so that they might be with him and he might send them out to preach”
“The seventy-two returned with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demons are subject to us in your name!" And he said to them, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you. Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."”
Jesus invested in a few men, so that through them, the masses could be saved! And he always made the main thing the main thing. It was not about miracles and power, it was about relationship and eternal life.
3. Jesus completed his mission. He died for you on a cross. In his final moments he was thinking of you.
“Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to accomplish his work. Do you not say, 'There are yet four months, then comes the harvest'? Look, I tell you, lift up your eyes, and see that the fields are white for harvest.”
“I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do.”
“When Jesus had received the sour wine, he said, "It is finished," and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.”
4. Jesus continued his mission through his disciples.
Be a disciple of Jesus who makes disciples of Jesus who will someday make their own disciples of Jesus!
For more truth about life, see... www.truthatlife.com