Welcome to the Truth@Life Blog Site by Curtis Songer


If you receive value from these blogs, please consider donating to keep this blog site up and running. This ministry cannot continue without the generous donations of its readers. Just click on the "Donate" button to the right.

This blog site is loaded with tools to help you find what you're looking for. Here's how it works...

There are 5 threads of thought in this blog site:
1. Church Stuff - things pertaining to the evangelical Christian Church of today
2. Leadership Corner - concepts on management & leadership
3. Two Becoming One - principles of marriage enrichment
4. Train Up a Child - principles of parenting
5. Personal Thoughts - my mental ramblings on how God is growing me

I highly recommend you find an entry on one of these topics that interests you and click on that label at the end of that entry. It will bring up all the entries on that particular category. And be sure to check out the great web site links in the lower right corner of this page - Enjoy!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Can You Help Me Spread the Word?

Two years have gone by extremely fast! The role I have served at New Community Church has been very rewarding to me, and I hope, to the building of God’s kingdom in Wexford, PA. Unfortunately, after much prayerful consideration, we have come to the conclusion that New Community Church and I are not the best fit long term and believe God is calling me to another position. I dearly love the people of New Community and will be praying for them during this transition. I also remain fully committed to God’s covenant calling on my life and will be seeking another pastoral position with the leadership team of a high-potential-impact church.

Although my most recent position has been as an Executive Pastor, I am open to other positions that may be a good fit with my background (e.g., Associate Pastor of Missions or Discipleship or Family Ministries, possibly even as a Senior Pastor). As a family, we have agreed we will go wherever, and do whatever, God calls us to do.

Here is a list of ways you can help me at this time:

1. Pray

2. Email me if you are interested in reviewing my resume at curtis.songer@gmail.com

3. Notify me of any positions you know of at churches that may be a good fit for me (Are there are any open positions at your church that may be appropriate for me?)

4. In the meantime, you can also help me by considering possible consulting opportunities for your church (or another church) that I could assist with in any of the following 12 areas:

- Mission, Vision, & Values (development &/or assessment – including implementing values-based decision making);

- Strategic Planning & Goal Setting;

- Ministry Planning & Programming (including identifying community needs,
congregational needs, etc.);

- Budget Development &/or Assessment (including budget evaluation for alignment with strategies, giving/revenue assessments, & cost reduction opportunity identification);

- Organizational Development &/or Assessment (including developing structure & staffing plans, job descriptions, & developing hiring/evaluating/terminating
processes);

- Policy, Process, & Systems (evaluation & recommendation, development of manuals);

- Facility Management (location assessment, design requirements, internal &
external utilization, maintenance, etc.);

- Missional / External Focus - Program Design & Implementation;

- Benchmarking & Best Practices;

- Change Management (cultural assessments, leadership alignment, team building, stakeholder assessment & enrollment, communications planning, workplace skills assessment & alignment, results assessment & course correction);

- Conflict Resolution; or

- Other Areas of Specific Problem Solving (define & scope, collect and analyze
data, develop recommendations, plan implementation, & monitor execution)

As you can see, my training and experiences both prior to ministry and for the past 2years as an Executive Pastor, have qualified me to assist in a number of areas. In addition, I am also a member and conference speaker for the international executive pastor network which provides me with access to benchmarks and best practices from churches across North America.

Thank you for your support during this transition in my life. I have great peace, and even excitement, that God is calling me to an even greater phase of significance in serving Him.

Your Brother In Christ,

Curtis Songer
248-396-6255
curtis.songer@gmail.com

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment