Welcome to the Truth@Life Blog Site by Curtis Songer


If you receive value from these blogs, please consider donating to keep this blog site up and running. This ministry cannot continue without the generous donations of its readers. Just click on the "Donate" button to the right.

This blog site is loaded with tools to help you find what you're looking for. Here's how it works...

There are 5 threads of thought in this blog site:
1. Church Stuff - things pertaining to the evangelical Christian Church of today
2. Leadership Corner - concepts on management & leadership
3. Two Becoming One - principles of marriage enrichment
4. Train Up a Child - principles of parenting
5. Personal Thoughts - my mental ramblings on how God is growing me

I highly recommend you find an entry on one of these topics that interests you and click on that label at the end of that entry. It will bring up all the entries on that particular category. And be sure to check out the great web site links in the lower right corner of this page - Enjoy!

Monday, March 22, 2010

Is God Real – I Need Proof

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

It's OK to be afraid - it's very human. But it’s not how God wants us to live. He wants us to live worry free because we are trusting in Him for all things.
Some people say they want "proof" that God is there, watching over them - that's OK too. You can have proof. The proof you need, that God is willing to give to you, comes in the form of having a relationship with Him that "feels" more real to you than the person sitting across the table from you. You can see Him at work in your life, and the lives of others, on a daily basis.

How can you have that kind of a real, tangible relationship with God? For me it required Him taking away everything else in life that I had grown to put my trust in. I had nothing left, no other choice, but to trust in Him to get me through. And He did - multiple times over several months. My devotional times became daily messages from God that spoke to my soul for what I needed that day. I could feel Him at work in me. It all started about 2.5 years ago when He led me through a trial I did know how I could get through on my own.

I don't honestly know if a closeness to God can come without pain and suffering. Scriptures say that through our pain and sufferings we are made like Christ. I would like to believe that we can have a super-close, incredibly real, without-a-doubt relationship with Jesus without going through a huge trial. I think it is possible. But it starts with believing in Him and not in yourself, and culminates in a willingness to go anywhere and do anything He asks of you. If you're ready for that, then fasten your seatbelt because life will become a wild and wonderful ride with a sovereign God in the seat next to you every single day!

Please comment below or email me at curtis.songer@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment