Welcome to the Truth@Life Blog Site by Curtis Songer


If you receive value from these blogs, please consider donating to keep this blog site up and running. This ministry cannot continue without the generous donations of its readers. Just click on the "Donate" button to the right.

This blog site is loaded with tools to help you find what you're looking for. Here's how it works...

There are 5 threads of thought in this blog site:
1. Church Stuff - things pertaining to the evangelical Christian Church of today
2. Leadership Corner - concepts on management & leadership
3. Two Becoming One - principles of marriage enrichment
4. Train Up a Child - principles of parenting
5. Personal Thoughts - my mental ramblings on how God is growing me

I highly recommend you find an entry on one of these topics that interests you and click on that label at the end of that entry. It will bring up all the entries on that particular category. And be sure to check out the great web site links in the lower right corner of this page - Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Joseph and The Law of Empowerment

Now hurry back to my father and say to him, ‘This is what your son Joseph says: God has made me lord of all Egypt. Come down to me; don’t delay. Genesis 45:9 When Joseph’s brothers realized that the one they had betrayed could now do with them whatever he pleased, they feared that payback time had arrived. Instead of retaliating, however, Joseph blessed them and empowered them to complete the task that had brought them to Egypt in the first place: to secure food for their families. Genesis 45 reveals the qualities that made Joseph such an empowering leader – a strong sense of Security, Identity, Empathy, Purpose, and Perspective: “There are still five years in which there will be neither plowing nor harvesting. God sent me before you to preserve posterity for you on the earth.” As a leader, do you empower others or command & control them? I’d love to talk to you personally. For more on help I can provide and how you can reach me, check out at… http://truthatlife.com/ or email me directly at curtis.songer@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment