Welcome to the Truth@Life Blog Site by Curtis Songer


If you receive value from these blogs, please consider donating to keep this blog site up and running. This ministry cannot continue without the generous donations of its readers. Just click on the "Donate" button to the right.

This blog site is loaded with tools to help you find what you're looking for. Here's how it works...

There are 5 threads of thought in this blog site:
1. Church Stuff - things pertaining to the evangelical Christian Church of today
2. Leadership Corner - concepts on management & leadership
3. Two Becoming One - principles of marriage enrichment
4. Train Up a Child - principles of parenting
5. Personal Thoughts - my mental ramblings on how God is growing me

I highly recommend you find an entry on one of these topics that interests you and click on that label at the end of that entry. It will bring up all the entries on that particular category. And be sure to check out the great web site links in the lower right corner of this page - Enjoy!

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

What’s the Secret to Success?

My path, like that of so many others, has been a winding one, filled with discovery and lessons at every turn. In my personal quest for a more joy-filled and creative life, I have reinvented myself numerous times. Increasingly, we must all learn to do this, whether we choose different careers or a new place to live. Reinvention is required because change is a part of our world. It is here to stay. You have to learn to adapt to it, to embrace it, to create a life you love. I'm a late bloomer. I started my business at the age of 49. I was at a crossroads, and I knew I needed to take a different direction, but I wasn't sure what that was. I think we all feel that uncertainty when facing new challenges. One thing I knew for sure was that I wanted a career that would give me joy. During an interview I was once asked, "What's the secret to success?" The answer I gave is that there really is no secret at all. But, as I reflect upon my life, I believe there is one principle which has helped guide my journey and those of many others. Whether you are a stay-at-home mom, a nuclear physicist, a corporate executive, or the pastor of a church – you must discover what you love to do. If you love it, you will work at it. If you work hard enough at it, you will become good at it. And if you are good at it, someone will pay you to do it. The secret to life is to pursue with passion what you believe you have been called to do. This will not only take care of your physical needs, but much more importantly will lead to a lifetime of fulfillment. Does change in your world require some reinvention right now? Do you know what you are uniquely designed to do? Are you having trouble transitioning into that calling? Truth@Life can help. Call 248-396-6255 or email me at curtis.songer@gmail.com for a FREE consultation. For more info on help I can provide check out http://truthatlife.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment