Welcome to the Truth@Life Blog Site by Curtis Songer


If you receive value from these blogs, please consider donating to keep this blog site up and running. This ministry cannot continue without the generous donations of its readers. Just click on the "Donate" button to the right.

This blog site is loaded with tools to help you find what you're looking for. Here's how it works...

There are 5 threads of thought in this blog site:
1. Church Stuff - things pertaining to the evangelical Christian Church of today
2. Leadership Corner - concepts on management & leadership
3. Two Becoming One - principles of marriage enrichment
4. Train Up a Child - principles of parenting
5. Personal Thoughts - my mental ramblings on how God is growing me

I highly recommend you find an entry on one of these topics that interests you and click on that label at the end of that entry. It will bring up all the entries on that particular category. And be sure to check out the great web site links in the lower right corner of this page - Enjoy!

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Life Domains & Seasons of Life

To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1 Reasons why people need to do a Life Plan include: I want to know why I still feel unhappy even though I am doing the job that I always thought I wanted to do. I want to know how I can get a better balance in my life between work and family. I want to feel less stress. I want to manage my time better. I want to be happier in my relationships. I want to know why I seem to keep making the same mistakes over and over again. I want to discover God’s plan for me in my retirement years. I want to know what path God wants me to choose in terms of my career and education. What do you need? Life is a whole with many parts: personal, family, church, vocation, community. Personal – your personal health, emotions, mind, possessions, and general well-being. Family – your immediate and extended family, including parents, spouse, children, and other close family relationships. Church / faith kingdom – your church or the broader faith community in which you are a member. Vocation – your career of work life, including volunteer work and tasks for which you are regularly responsible. Community – your neighborhood, city, or other defined community in which you are a member. These life domains are intended to function in balance. Balance is the key to wholeness. Each domain impacts all the others. The five domains are not necessarily equal (nor should they necessarily be). The five domains are not rigid (they may overlap or be combined). The key to the five domains is balance. Every person will have a slightly different balance point. The most important life domain for you is likely: personal. Ask yourself the following: Do I believe in myself? Am I placing relationships before tasks? Have I accepted my giftedness? Am striving for balance in all my life domains? Am I holding myself accountable? Your life evolves through seasons. The seasons of your life are: Winter – early youth; Spring – education / preparation years; Summer – work years; Harvest – later years. Are your current objectives in each of the life domains in line with your current season of life? The answers to these questions will help to build action plans to enable you to implement your Life Plan. Truth@Life can help you, regardless of your location. Call 248-396-6255 or email me at curtis.songer@gmail.com for a free consultation. If you receive value from these blogs, please consider donating to keep this blog site up and running. This ministry cannot continue without the generous donations of its readers. Just click on the "Donate" button in the upper right. For more info on help I can provide check out http://truthatlife.com/ or email me directly at curtis.songer@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment