Welcome to the Truth@Life Blog Site by Curtis Songer


If you receive value from these blogs, please consider donating to keep this blog site up and running. This ministry cannot continue without the generous donations of its readers. Just click on the "Donate" button to the right.

This blog site is loaded with tools to help you find what you're looking for. Here's how it works...

There are 5 threads of thought in this blog site:
1. Church Stuff - things pertaining to the evangelical Christian Church of today
2. Leadership Corner - concepts on management & leadership
3. Two Becoming One - principles of marriage enrichment
4. Train Up a Child - principles of parenting
5. Personal Thoughts - my mental ramblings on how God is growing me

I highly recommend you find an entry on one of these topics that interests you and click on that label at the end of that entry. It will bring up all the entries on that particular category. And be sure to check out the great web site links in the lower right corner of this page - Enjoy!

Thursday, July 5, 2012

What Leadership Skills Do You Need to Work On?

Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had appointed for them. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you Matthew 28:16, 19-20 Over the past 2 weeks I have blogged about “The Top 10 Personality Qualities of a Leader.” I hope you have asked yourself how you are doing. My weakest leadership personality qualities are Self-Discipline / Self-Development, as well as Servanthood. A leader must lead himself well before he can lead others well. This means he must count the cost of what good leadership takes and prioritize time accordingly. There are times when my focus on achievement distracts me from taking the time I should to take care of myself (e.g., personal development, adequate sleep, etc.). A truly great leader is also a servant leader. For years I led a life that was a bit self-absorbed. I am still on the journey of putting others needs ahead of my own to the point that it is automatic in all areas of my life. But this is still a conscious effort that I must make every day Review the last 2 weeks of blogs on “The Top 10 Personality Qualities of a Leader.” What are your weakest leadership personality qualities? What qualities are negatively impacting your effectiveness in different spheres of your life? Truth@Life can help you, regardless of your location. Call 248-396-6255 or email me at curtis.songer@gmail.com for a free consultation. If you receive value from these blogs, please consider donating to keep this blog site up and running. This ministry cannot continue without the generous donations of its readers. Just click on the "Donate" button in the upper right. For more info on help I can provide check out http://truthatlife.com/ or email me directly at curtis.songer@gmail.com

1 comment: