Welcome to the Truth@Life Blog Site by Curtis Songer


If you receive value from these blogs, please consider donating to keep this blog site up and running. This ministry cannot continue without the generous donations of its readers. Just click on the "Donate" button to the right.

This blog site is loaded with tools to help you find what you're looking for. Here's how it works...

There are 5 threads of thought in this blog site:
1. Church Stuff - things pertaining to the evangelical Christian Church of today
2. Leadership Corner - concepts on management & leadership
3. Two Becoming One - principles of marriage enrichment
4. Train Up a Child - principles of parenting
5. Personal Thoughts - my mental ramblings on how God is growing me

I highly recommend you find an entry on one of these topics that interests you and click on that label at the end of that entry. It will bring up all the entries on that particular category. And be sure to check out the great web site links in the lower right corner of this page - Enjoy!

Sunday, July 8, 2012

What Energizes Me? Do You Know What Energizes You? (part 2 of 2)

I have this against you, that you have left your first love. Revelation 2:4 Continued from yesterday - some insight into what makes me tick, what I love to do. As you read this, ask yourself if you know what you love to do… I also love to learn. The subject matters that interest me most are generally those that involve life transformation. They often tend to be of a spiritual nature, since I believe that the most effective transformations require a willingness for internal change. I am energized by the steady and deliberate journey from ignorance to competence. The thrill of acquiring new knowledge, practicing and applying what I have learned, and the growing confidence of a new skill mastered - this is the process that entices me. It enables me to thrive in dynamic work environments where I am asked to take on project assignments and am expected to learn a lot about the new subject matter in a short period of time, or apply my existing knowledge to uniquely changing circumstances (as in coaching uniquely new individuals). The result of all of the above is that I love having new challenges bestowed on me as a result of having successfully met the last. This satisfies my desire for growing competence and improving skills. I have deep passion and enthusiasm for my work especially when it directly assists others with life transformation. Often, during such moments of special connection, I feel the Holy Spirit move within me, confirming that I am on mission and pleasing Him. Finally, I am very family-oriented, altruistic, and spiritual. I value responsibility and high ethics - both in myself and others. These core values affect my behavior in many ways. They give my life meaning and satisfaction. In my view, success is more than money and prestige. These values provide me with direction, guiding me toward a consistent set of priorities. This consistency is the foundation for my relationships. For example, my friends call me dependable: “I know where you stand, you are easy to trust.” Consequently, I am energized by work that meshes with my values - it must be meaningful; it must matter to me. All of the above are good talents/strengths to have. But every strength, taken to its extreme can be a detriment as well. God has called us to use our strengths to do good. How well do you know yourself? Do you know what energizes you? How well are these factors integrated into the personal, professional, and spiritual dimensions of your life? Truth@Life can help you, regardless of your location. Call 248-396-6255 or email me at curtis.songer@gmail.com for a free consultation. If you receive value from these blogs, please consider donating to keep this blog site up and running. This ministry cannot continue without the generous donations of its readers. Just click on the "Donate" button in the upper right. For more info on help I can provide check out http://truthatlife.com/ or email me directly at curtis.songer@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment