Welcome to the Truth@Life Blog Site by Curtis Songer


If you receive value from these blogs, please consider donating to keep this blog site up and running. This ministry cannot continue without the generous donations of its readers. Just click on the "Donate" button to the right.

This blog site is loaded with tools to help you find what you're looking for. Here's how it works...

There are 5 threads of thought in this blog site:
1. Church Stuff - things pertaining to the evangelical Christian Church of today
2. Leadership Corner - concepts on management & leadership
3. Two Becoming One - principles of marriage enrichment
4. Train Up a Child - principles of parenting
5. Personal Thoughts - my mental ramblings on how God is growing me

I highly recommend you find an entry on one of these topics that interests you and click on that label at the end of that entry. It will bring up all the entries on that particular category. And be sure to check out the great web site links in the lower right corner of this page - Enjoy!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Societal Change Begins with You

Have salt in yourselves, and be at peace with one another. Mark 9:50 I was reminded recently about the 1995 murder of three children in their Little Rock home. Riley Noel and three accomplices wheeled into the driveway of Mary Hussian's house that night, high on drugs. They were certain that either Mary or one of her kids had been involved in a recent drive-by shooting that had taken the life of Noel's brother. Riley Noel ordered the three children in the home - ages 10, 12 and 17 - to lie down on the living-room floor, where he shot them execution style. Their mother escaped after a struggle. But she spoke these chilling words at a news conference soon after the tragic event: "I stand here with the blood of my children still under my fingernails. My kids were all I had. I plead with the youth today - don't send another woman to bed crying the way I'm going to cry tonight!" Unfortunately, still today I can't blog fast enough to keep up with the latest news story out of another major city, or even a secluded farmland, about a young person who has gunned down even more of our nation's children. But no matter what the papers are reporting as you're reading this today, I urge you to put an end to your fear and apathy. I urge you to pray, confessing our sins and committing to action. I urge you to confront immorality when you witness it within your home or in public settings. I urge you not to be ashamed to call others to godly accountability, from governmental leaders to pastors to the people you work and associate with. And I urge you to demand righteousness of yourself, because societal change always begins with one person, one home, one man or woman, one boy or girl, willing to make a difference. Please post a comment below or send me an email at curtis.songer@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment