Welcome to the Truth@Life Blog Site by Curtis Songer


If you receive value from these blogs, please consider donating to keep this blog site up and running. This ministry cannot continue without the generous donations of its readers. Just click on the "Donate" button to the right.

This blog site is loaded with tools to help you find what you're looking for. Here's how it works...

There are 5 threads of thought in this blog site:
1. Church Stuff - things pertaining to the evangelical Christian Church of today
2. Leadership Corner - concepts on management & leadership
3. Two Becoming One - principles of marriage enrichment
4. Train Up a Child - principles of parenting
5. Personal Thoughts - my mental ramblings on how God is growing me

I highly recommend you find an entry on one of these topics that interests you and click on that label at the end of that entry. It will bring up all the entries on that particular category. And be sure to check out the great web site links in the lower right corner of this page - Enjoy!

Monday, May 21, 2012

What to do in Retirement?

David, after he had served the purpose of God in his own generation, fell asleep, and was laid among his fathers. Acts 13:36 John Piper, a longtime pastor and author, was skimming Reader's Digest one day. He came across the story of a middle-aged couple who had been financially successful enough to retire early and pack their bags for Florida. Imagine the thrill, they said, to do nothing but relax. Just kick back and collect seashells. John began wondering whether this should ever be the sum game of a Christian's earthly existence. "At the end of my life," John says, "I hope I'm mainly preparing to meet the Judge of the earth and give an account of my one little, vaporous life. And I'm pretty sure He's not going to ask to see my shell collection." I'm not saying for one minute that there's anything wrong with play and recreation, perhaps even a seashell collection. God has designed these things for us to enjoy. But when you dream of your life in retirement, do you see yourself being content with lowering your golf handicap, bagging a bigger buck or traveling the world? Or do you see yourself pursuing a purpose that will outlive you? As I look at the Scripture for today, I realize that in my latter years, I want to be fulfilling God's purpose for me in this generation. I want Martha and I to be living in the center of His will. Do you have a heart that burns for building relationships and using your gifts, abilities and experience, even in the final chapter of your life? Or will you merely be a shell of what you could have been? Truth@Life can help you, regardless of your location. Call 248-396-6255 or email me at curtis.songer@gmail.com for a free consultation. If you receive value from these blogs, please consider donating to keep this blog site up and running. This ministry cannot continue without the generous donations of its readers. Just click on the "Donate" button in the upper right. For more info on help I can provide check out http://truthatlife.com/ or email me directly at curtis.songer@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment