Welcome to the Truth@Life Blog Site by Curtis Songer


If you receive value from these blogs, please consider donating to keep this blog site up and running. This ministry cannot continue without the generous donations of its readers. Just click on the "Donate" button to the right.

This blog site is loaded with tools to help you find what you're looking for. Here's how it works...

There are 5 threads of thought in this blog site:
1. Church Stuff - things pertaining to the evangelical Christian Church of today
2. Leadership Corner - concepts on management & leadership
3. Two Becoming One - principles of marriage enrichment
4. Train Up a Child - principles of parenting
5. Personal Thoughts - my mental ramblings on how God is growing me

I highly recommend you find an entry on one of these topics that interests you and click on that label at the end of that entry. It will bring up all the entries on that particular category. And be sure to check out the great web site links in the lower right corner of this page - Enjoy!

Monday, July 27, 2009

What's Your Story? (November 6, 2008)

I recently ran across an acrostic that I thought was really cool that I would like to share with you. Your LIFE consists of:
L = Loves – passions, purpose, priorities, and values
I = Intersections – how we connect with others’ stories
F = Fortune – resources to help others write new endings to their stories
E = Eternity – making a difference beyond life here on earth.

Did you ever think about the fact that you are writing a story with your life? You write a few pages every day by the choices you make and the people you meet. God is writing an even bigger story, a never ending story. Your story is part of His story. You’ve heard it said, “You only get one shot at this thing called life”. How true. You can live it for yourself, or you can live it for others. You have no idea how long you’ll have to write your story. All that you have – your loves, your talents, your resources, and your opportunities – are from God. Believe me, He is cares how you use these to extend His love and grace to others.

How’s your story going? What will you write on today’s page? Will it look a lot like yesterday and the days before? Will it make a difference in someone’s life? Will it make a difference in eternity? Will today be the final page in your story? None of us know when the last page will be written.

These questions weigh heavy on my heart these days. I want my story to count for something – how about you? As some of you know, I have made some pretty big changes in my life over the past year in hopes that my story will end better than it started. You can too.

If you’re interested in hearing more, I will be at the “Big C” breakfast in Cranberry (Sheraton – Four Points) tomorrow, November 7th at 7:00am sharing my testimony. I will also be speaking in detail on this topic at New Community’s worship services (3100 Wexford Rd, Wexford, PA 15090) on November 16th, at 9:00am, 11:00am, and 7:30pm. I’d love to meet you and learn more about your story.

Comments are always appreciated. Enter them below or email Curtis at csonger@new-communitychurch.org

No comments:

Post a Comment